Tuesday, June 21, 2016

My Indian Family and Homestay - Meredith


We met our host families yesterday and I am currently in a home with nine other people. My host mother’s name is Neha and she has four kids named Manisha (10), Mahima (6), Babita (3), and Parth (1 on the 24th). I have such a respect for my host mother. When we first met, she grabbed my suitcase and immediately lifted it onto her head. She cooks dinner for nine other people and does everyone’s laundry. One of the biggest differences from home is eating while seated on the floor and bathing with a bucket. All of the children are so nice and happy. At times it is hard to communicate, but we manage through hand gestures and the few English words that they know. I have really been enjoying the food and spending time meeting everyone else’s host families. Other than the HUGE (2 inch) spider that I failed to kill in my room last night, all is well. M&D: Miss you very much and I hope you are enjoying your time with Elizabeth. Tell Bear I miss him. To any of my friends who are reading this I hope you know that I am thinking of you and that I have not been missing much! J

See you soon!

Meredith

6 comments:

  1. Bear says he misses you too. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Mer! So happy you're enjoying your host family and your experience. It sounds like you are all learning a lot - and what a beautiful place! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Mer! So happy you're enjoying your host family and your experience. It sounds like you are all learning a lot - and what a beautiful place! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mer! How fun to live with nine people! I have no doubt you are an amazing "big sister" to the kids. The pictures of the Himalayas are beautiful and I can't image what it's like to see them with your own eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mer....we miss you! Sounds like you are having such a great time. We can barely live with 4 people ;-) hope that spider doesn't come back.. If it does take a pic! Is it bigger than the one in our pool? Have an amazing trip.. Can't wait to hear all about it! We love you Mer! Love Ashley and Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey MooMoo it looks like you're having a great time and experience (minus the spider) and is it bigger than the one we saw in lexi and Ashley's pool that one time?? Hahah!! well we all miss you a ton and can't wait to hear all about it when you get home!! A biiiig Tahoe tubing sesh is much needed. Can't wait to see u girl !! love u always❤️

    ReplyDelete